Wednesday, September 26, 2012

SASHA NY

This morning I walked out to my car to find a nearly flat tire. I knew something was up with one of the tires on the driver side, so thank you, rear tire, for solving the mystery and owning up to being the problem child. I had to get Isaac to his therapy appointments, so I stopped at the gas station to fill the "problem child" up with some air. A Volkswagen GTI zipped in front of me and beat me to the air pump, and I must say, I was a little ticked off in that moment because I can't stand being late. But then, I read the license plate, "SASHA NY". So I had to see who was driving this car. As I watched and waited, in one quick, fluid motion, a woman stepped out of the car and popped open her umbrella like she was Mary Poppins. It was amazing. I was truly impressed with her ability to avoid a single rain drop. She then pranced over to the air pump, holding her umbrella at the perfect height, of course, and pumped up her tire without skipping a beat. She replaced the pump, checked her watch, and with the same ease, closed her umbrella and popped back into her car.

SASHA, you amaze me. You, in your perfect outfit, with your heels, and your perfectly done hair and make-up. Impressive. I wish I could wield an umbrella just like you do. Did you take lessons from Mary Poppins? SASHA has been making me mad all day. I can't stop thinking about her.

If I even had an umbrella (don't feel sorry for me, umbrella's are totally annoying so I don't want one), I'd probably stand outside of my car trying to get it to open, and then I'd probably poke my eye. And then, once I got to the air pump, I'd have to do that thing where you try to hold the umbrella handle like a phone, but in reality, it's too skinny for that, so it ends up falling over and it you get soaking wet anyway...yeah, that would be me. Instead, I choose to get wet. And I'm smarter than SASHA NY. I don't do my hair when it's raining. Silly SASHA.

SASHA NY, I know you probably have matching pajamas. That's totally boring. I bet even your bra and underwear match. It's okay, I'll let that slide. I tend to feel extra special too when my bra and underwear match. You probably wash your hair every day. Don't you think that's a bit excessive? I doubt you've ever had to sit at a sleep study, or go to a billion doctor appointments for your child who has special needs. SASHA NY, you're clueless. But I'll forgive you because you entertained me with your umbrella skills.


3 comments:

  1. Some days watching SASHA NY is what makes our day a little more interesting. I chose to wear a pony tail yesterday because of the rain. I knew I would end up wet. The umbrella only opened half way and than half of it was broken so I got very wet and need to throw out the umbrella. My dad always told me I wasn't sugar so I wouldn't melt.

    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now don't be a hater just because someone is very skilled. And you never know what hand of cards life has already dealt her.
    Fyi- the other day I actually straightened my hair so when I got to work is was obviously pouring outside. I had a new umbrella that I didn't know how to work and when I stepped out of my car my heel fell off into a puddle and the shoe pad inside of it flew to another puddle. I wiped my foot off on my car seat which was pointless because the inside of my shoe was soaked. Then I spend quite some time attempting to maneuver holding my umbrella, fixing my shoes, getting my purse and lunch bag from the passenger side and my cup of coffee. Oh, and it was also a potluck lunch day and I was supposed to carry in 4 sodas. Decided to leave those. And then as I was walking to the entrance I spent the entire time mentally figuring out how I would swipe my key card, enter my password, open the door, and hold all of my crap. Fortunately a man saw me and opened the door (unfortunately he wasn't single, smart, and handsome haha).

    ReplyDelete