Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Photo dump

Isabella is in a new phase. That's what it is, right? This one is called, I don't like (fill in the blank).

I don't like milk.
I don't like my room. 
I don't like cottage cheese. 
I don't like my bed. 
I don't like school. 
I don't like Shaun the Sheep. 
I don't like cereal.
I don't like fruit. 

The list goes on and on. After a frustrating moment, she said, "Mommy, there's just a lot of things that I don't like anymore." Clearly. Last night we told her that she needed to tell us five things that she does like:
1. Squinkies
2. The Blue Angels (from the Air Show, which she did not watch)
3. Giving Isaac hugs
4. Playing outside
...and I can't remember the fifth one.

I have a bunch of pictures that have been sitting around. Here they are.

Two weeks ago she liked tractor rides with daddy. I'll have to ask her if she still likes those.








My grandma came for a visit. Unfortunately, Isaac was grumpy that entire week, and I spent most of the time crying. But she and my mom helped out with kids, so that was nice.

My mom was very bossy (have I told you yet, she's really bossy--I guess that's where I get it from) about our posing. I think she'd been planning this mini photo shoot for quite a while, but chose not to tell the rest of us about it, that way she'd be the only one with her hair and make-up done.




I forgot to tell you all about my recent really crappy trip to the zoo with the kids. We had a re-do with Walter and this time, it was actually fun.


She totally gets this look from me...


*********************************************************************************

I love watching my kids play. They are both so imaginative and purposeful (Sarah, did that make you think of Waldorf? That reminds me, I should go iron something. That's an inside joke, so it's okay if you're reading this and don't get it.).


Squinkies = best $10 I've ever spent (except they're a pain in the butt to clean up)

I told her that if she smiled she could take a picture of me.


We went to a Beatles Tribute Band Concert. Isaac thought it was the best thing ever. Until of course he decided it wasn't the best thing ever. Then it was time to go home.




Isabella's dancing was, um, disturbingly suggestive, and these pictures don't do justice to the embarrassment my sister and I felt as we watched her.







Isaac starts Occupational Therapy tomorrow! As for walking lately, it's been a rare occurrence. Eating anything by mouth has been rare as well, and frustrating. He has a new word though! It's, "Me".

I had my hair chopped off today! Now maybe my arm won't get tired trying to brush it after a shower.Walter told me he wouldn't notice if I got my hair cut. He isn't home yet, so we'll see. If he doesn't notice this, I might need a new husband.  Here's my amazing self portrait. Oh, and if you don't like pink bathroom tiles, something is seriously wrong with you.


Goodnight. 

1 comment:

  1. Barbara aka Mom aka BossySeptember 5, 2012 at 8:53 PM

    Hi Sierra!

    First off I would like to say that I don't think I am bossy. Do you really think I am bossy??

    Second 95% of the time my hair and make up is done so ....life is better with a little blush and a lot of mascara!

    Third yes I did want photos with Grandma. There aren't many photos of me through the years of parenting so I sometimes wonder if you all will realize I was the one taking the photos of all of you with dad. I wish I had your skill and I wish there had been digital cameras at the time.

    I love that you take photos and capture your life and the lives of your children on your blog.

    Love to you always,

    Mom aka "Bossy"

    ReplyDelete