Thursday, August 9, 2012

Walking

Three weeks ago, Isaac stood up and walked across my grandma's couch. Since he's being keeping this skill a secret, we were obviously shocked. So I told him, if you can walk on a couch, you can walk on the floor. After a fair amount of encouraging, nagging, and cheering, he stood up, and took a few steps. Walter said, "how cool will it be when we're in the kitchen, and Isaac comes walking in?" Dude, that will be so cool. (I don't say 'dude', but Sarah does, and it seemed appropriate).

What else is new? We've made some progress in the feeding department. Isaac is now eating, by mouth, about two to four ounces of puree, each day. This all takes a fair amount of bribery, and I have to up the ante with cooler toys each session, but I'll take it, especially since we aren't using the TV as bribery. He gets tired after two ounces, so I try feeding him two times each day, and that is going really well. His mouth is definitely getting stronger and he's working on making new sounds. Did you know, speech and feeding go together? Poor feeding typically results in poor speech. Who knew that those mouth and facial muscles are working so hard all day. I know Isabella's are working extra hard since she doesn't stop talking. Last week Isabella told me that I never talk to her. Right. The last I checked, she talks all day, and I am typically required to respond otherwise, she'll repeat over and over again until I actually respond.

A few other comments from Isabella, "When I'm a mommy, I will never, ever have rules." Tuesday night, she told Walter that she wishes she could live by herself so that she can go to bed whenever she wants. It is so hard to be five. 

We've had some major success with grass! Isaac scooted across the grass with his trusty inner tube.







Walking!


Yo, Stella, did you see that!

I guess he made up with the swing. For about a month, he'd cry when we'd go near it.





1 comment:

  1. Isaac is so awesome :) I love that picture of him peeking out from behind his hand on the blanket!

    Yay for successes!!!

    ReplyDelete