Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Scavenger Hunt and a Retirement Community

A couple weeks ago, when I mentioned that I walking through mud, or at least felt that way, I decided to invite a bunch of people over for an afternoon get together. Sarah came prepared with a scavenger hunt for the kids, and they had a blast searching the woods for items to fill their egg carton. 


Kieran and (the other) Isaac, on a mission.



This Isaac, wasn't in the mood for a scavenger hunt.


 Daddy came home early and rescued him.










*********************************************************************************

Walter and I went on a two night anniversary trip WITHOUT THE KIDS. Yep, it was amazing. And so quiet. We got home a couple hours ago, and will soon head to my parent's house to gather our children. I am currently preparing my ears for our reunion. 

When I booked our trip, I didn't realize that the Inn we stayed at, would be so popular among the elderly crowd. We were definitely the youngest people there, by about thirty plus years. When we walked into the main hall for dinner, the receptionist said, "You must be the couple that graduated one week and got married the next!" Not quite, but I'm glad that seven years and two kids later, dwe look young enough for you to think that. 


Monday morning, we overslept. Walter rushed Isabella to school and dropped Stella at the kennel, I finished packing and washed my hair, just so Walter would feel extra special. We dropped off Isaac at my parent's house, I was hungry, so we went to Panera, then we went to the grocery store (I mean really, this was getting ridiculous, we had yet to leave a ten mile radius), then I called the horseback riding place that Walter had looked up, they said we couldn't wear sandals, so obviously we had to stop at home and get my cowgirl boots. And after all of that, we were finally on our way to Ohio Amish Country, or The Switzerland of Ohio, which I honestly doubt is anything like Switzerland, but, whatever.

It turns out, I love horseback riding.





Our tour guide asked if I wanted to take some pictures and I said, "I do, but I don't want the horse to cry." Too much time spent with kids. FYI, horses do not cry when you take their picture.



I told Walter to take a picture of my boots.






The place we stayed had some trails that were closed. We ignored the signs.







"Can you take a picture of me with this bubbling brook?" My husband has a thing for bubbling brooks, cheese, and those goats at the end of this post.







3 comments:

  1. So glad you had fun on your trip! I love the scavenger hunt pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to get away! i have to say that the inn at honey run is amazing! i haven't stayed there but my husband and i ate there on a "staycation" a few years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Sierra and Butch aka Walter,

    I am so happy that the two of you were able to escape for a little while and just take care of yourselves.

    After spending 3 days and two nights with Isaac and Isabella it is a wonder that you get anything done other than child maintenance.

    I admire all that you do and all challenges you have endured this past two years as a parent of a special needs child. The learning will continue for all of us. You both amaze me.

    Love to you both,

    Mom aka Barbara

    ReplyDelete