Thursday, July 14, 2011

the enchanted forest...

I began writing this post a few days ago and this morning decided to scrap all of it. What I wrote before was a lot of stuff about Isaac and detailed some of the amazing progress we’ve made in the last couple weeks. But for now, I just want to share Isabella’s birthday party pictures and I will quickly say that Isaac is doing well after his surgery and next time I’ll share more about that.

As I’m sure you’ve come to realize, Isabella loves princesses and fairies and wings and crowns and dancing and basically, all things girlie. So I wanted a girlie party (Walter thought it was too girlie) because I knew she would absolutely love it and of course, I was right, because mother knows best—haha! It helps that we have woods at the back of property because that helped my party theme. So after making (with Sarah’s help) dozens of fairy crowns with tulle and ribbon and dozens of pinwheels (with Jesse’s help) we were ready for a very fun party!

My sister did the face painting which actually turned into body painting after I saw several children with paint on various limbs. At one point I caught my dad doing some of the face painting. Talk about unexpected! We had a wand painting table and an enchanted forest where I hired trolls to jump out and scare the unsuspecting children…no, not really.

It was such a fun day and all of the kids seemed to have a blast!


Catch me if you can!


I absolutely love that Isaac is starting to interact with Isabella and that she (sometimes) lets him play with her...under her conditions and rules of course. My goal in parenting siblings is that they would form an unbreakable bond and develop a thoughtful and kind relationship with each other. So far its working and most of the time Isaac is forgiving when a toy is ripped from his unsuspecting hands.













Charlotte was the "real" birthday girl since her birthday was on the same day as the party...






Isaac was a grumpy old man until the party was over and he had his mama all to himself again. He can be so selfish! Gosh! 







Evelyn



The day after the party Isabella had a great time with Rosie and Gabe...















 
     This picture made me laugh out loud when I saw it!





1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post! And I promise Maya had fun at Isabella's party, even though she was so frowny! :)

    ReplyDelete