Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Charlotte's Birthday...

Isaac lost 13 ounces. I guess we expected that he would lose some weight from the surgery, I just didn't expect we'd be set back quite that much. The fight to gain weight continues. 

Some good news though is that his first physical therapy appointment went really well (aside from the fact that Isabella talked to me the whole time)! We've been working on his exercises and I'm already seeing improvements. Yesterday he took two (very small) crawls forward--he cried the whole time but whatever. And he's becoming more tolerant of standing.

A note for my grandparents: Don't worry, because I know you're worried...he'll gain back the weight. And I'm okay...so STOP worrying about me! I love you guys so much!


**********************************************************************************

If there was every a child that loved ballet, it's Isabella. I was really worried that she would be disappointed in the class or annoyed that someone was telling her what to do, but she absolutely loved it! And I loved watching her and was the annoying mom who was crouching around taking pictures from all angles. I'm really behind on pictures so I'll try to share some (ballet pics) in my next post.

**********************************************************************************

She fell asleep in the car and when we got home she said she wasn't tired and proceeded to fall sound asleep on the living room floor...



Most days, I walk into the office and find something like this...


Dahlias...



Our first sunflower...



Yes, I pull over to take pictures...

This doesn't do the sky justice...it was beautiful, but Isaac was screaming, so I didn't have a chance to play around with my settings


Charlotte's birthday party...

A few minutes after this picture was taken, Kendall came inside crying because Isabella and Maya were taking her icing. Poor Kendall, they were really ganging up her that day. And yes, I told them not to take her icing!



Once again, my pictures are in reverse order. 





It took Charlotte several minutes before she even attempted to blow out the candles...Isaac didn't mind...






She screams when I wash her hair but Maya can pour a bucket of water on her head...







From One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are

"Who would ever know the great graces of comfort and perseverance, mercy and forgiveness, patience and courage, if no shadows fell over a life? [...] 'See now that I, I am He, and there is no god besides Me; It is I who put to death and give life. I have wounded and it is I who heal' (Deuteronomy 32:39). I nod. I know. I know. And these truth words reconfigure the battlefield under my feet."

"'Surely, just as I have intended so it has happened, and just as I have planned so it will stand' (Isaiah 14:24) As God plans...so it stands"

One act of thanksgiving,
when things go wrong with us,
is worth a thousand thanks when things
are agreeable to our inclinations.

Saint John of Avila

and the list continues...

47. freshly picked raspberries
48. watching my garden grow and basically take care of itself
49. seeing how happy going to ballet makes Isabella
50. better nights of sleep
51. watching Isaac become more confident in his gross motor skills
52. a night out with friends
53. Sarah and Michael trying to sneak my favorite chocolate ice cream onto our porch and go unnoticed (nice try Michael!)
54. Sunday dinners at my parent's house...that means I don't have to cook!
55. encouraging words from friends
56. good hospital food
57. doctors who care not only about your child but about you too
58. laying next to Stella after everyone goes to bed (Walter says she gets more love than him)
59. peach cobbler





1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the pictures of Charlotte's party! I love the one where she is giving the stink eye to the candles, and Isaac is freaking out about how exciting they are :)

    Yay for progress for Isaac ~ I can't believe how fast the PT is helping him!

    Can't wait to see pictures of Isabella at ballet class!

    ReplyDelete