Thursday, February 3, 2011

Splish Splash...

If there's one thing Isaac loves, it's taking a bath. As soon as I turn on the water he starts flapping his arms and gets a big smile on his face. And as you can guess, if a bath is what makes Isaac happy, a bath is what he gets. So both kids spend a lot of time in the tub. Until recently, Isabella really enjoyed having Isaac in the bath tub with her, but now that his joy of splashing has increased, it usually goes something like this: Isaac, don't splash me...STOP splashing Isaac!...ISAAC STOP IT!...MOMMY! MAKE HIM STOP...GET HIM OUT OF HERE, I don't like him splashing me!

Isaac almost always accompanies me to the bathroom. This is simply because I prefer to pee without hearing him scream in the other room so I just take him along and he thinks shaking the shower curtain is the second best thing to taking a bath.


I promise I didn't take this picture while I was going to the bathroom. Don't worry, I know when to put the camera down!

And since you just looked at an aerial view of Isaac's head, I just want to say again, how amazing the change is from before surgery...


November 1, 2010, day before surgery.



Yes, I have a pink bathroom. You want to make somethin' of it? One of our friends came over and after using our pink bathroom with a greenish-blue tub came out and said, "you know, you could take out that tub and those tiles and sell them on ebay. Wow, I can't believe you have a pink bathroom." Um, okay. I just so happen to like my pink bathroom. It's called retro people! Now, the kitchen knobs take retro to a whole new level so I'm still working on that problem.

I'm pretty sure Isaac spends most of his day in awe of what an amazing creature Isabella is...










Friday night we had friends over for Bible Study. It was just Kendall and Isabella this time, so they ran up and down the house, a lot, and thankfully didn't crash into each other but came close (really close) several times, then it was tea time, and then it was time to create some beautiful paintings...




Yes, she sticks up her pinkie finger!

Isabella did not approve of Kendall's messiness while drinking tea so she took it upon herself to clean up each and every drip...


Isabella had fun painting with Kendall until she realized that Kendall embraces artistic creativity, which means she also embraces getting paint everywhere. My little neat freak didn't appreciate that...





Meanwhile, Isaac sat and clapped for the washing machine. I agree Isaac, it is a very nice washing machine. In fact, if you were to break into our house, good luck finding anything equally or more expensive than our washing machine. 



Documentation of another rough night with Isaac. He finally crashed...






Sun bathing...

 

This next photo is courtesy of Walter who thought it was hilarious that Isaac fit in the dump truck...

Unfortunately, Isaac didn't think it was very funny...he doesn't appreciate being made fun of for his small stature.

3 comments:

  1. Cute pictures :) Isaac is too funny in the dump truck (though don't worry, I won't tell him that!).

    I thought that Isabella and Kendall were hilarious on Friday, and Isabella is quite the little lady with her cleaning and her pinky up!

    The change between before his surgery and now is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your bathroom is nice.

    Lovely snaps as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bath tub pics, so cute!!!! How nicely Isaac sits in the bath tub. I can't give Leo a bath without Tom their to hold onto him. He flops around, tries to stand up, and dives for the faucet every chance he gets! Both Tom and I need a shower after the workout Leo gives us.

    ReplyDelete