Thursday, December 23, 2010

helmet, snow, gingerbread house...

Do I want to throw the helmet out the window? Yes.
Is Isaac tolerating it well? Yes.

At the moment I have a love-hate relationship with the helmet. Although, I must admit, Isaac does look pretty darn cute in it. We've had it for a week and we're taking things slow--like, really slow. He still refuses to nurse while wearing it, so he wears it for two hours then I take it off so he can nurse and take a nap. He's always been picky about nursing, so it doesn't really surprise me that he won't eat with the helmet on. Isabella could have nursed in the middle of a mosh pit. Isaac on the other hand, if we're away from home, will wait almost all day to nurse until we're back on the couch or in his room--weird.

Isaac is actually doing pretty well with the helmet though. He doesn't fuss when I put it on and likes the sound it makes when he bangs toys on his head--ha ha!




Already this winter we've had a boat load of snow. And since I was desperate to take some pictures, I put Isaac in the Beco with a big winter coat around both of us and of course Isabella refused to wear her snow pants, but didn't complain because I'm pretty sure she's immune to the cold, so we went to a park and took pictures with the promise of hot chocolate afterward.











I think as much as she hates the heat and sun, she loves the cold and snow!



Enjoying hot chocolate...



A Sunday afternoon nap with daddy....


Lunch yesterday before Isaac's neurology appointment... 



Yesterday Isabella and I worked on her gingerbread house. I bought the kit a while ago and she's been watching Jesse and Josh work on their gingerbread houses so she's been very anxious to do her own. Jesse and Josh take their house decorating VERY seriously and Isabella wanted her house to look like their houses...well, we tried. I laughed most of the time because it was a complete disaster of dripping icing but I was very thankful for my glue gun because really, who has time to hold those pieces together...







Isabella literally just said to me, "mommy, our house doesn't look like the one on the box"


No, not exactly, but I think it's fabulous!

3 comments:

  1. OMG those last two are hilarious (pictured house vs. actual house). I'm literally laughing out loud at my desk and getting weird looks from people.

    I think you guys did pretty good. It's a house at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, beautiful gingerbread house! Good job Isabella!

    I think it's hilarious that Isaac likes to bang toys on his head :P

    And I read "boat load" as "b*tt load" and thought, "hmmm, that doesn't seem like something Sierra would say". Um, guess it's not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sierra,

    I've glue gunned more than one Gingerbread House together! Yes, Jesse and Josh are very serious about their decorations. It looks like Isabella is having a great time! The most important thing is having fun and being busy with a project. You and Jesse loved having a project! Molli and Isabella are alike with their love/hate relationship with heat and cold. Love the cold, hate the heat.

    The helmet will come in handy with all the falls that are taken with crawling!

    It is great to see all of you embracing winter since it is here till April!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete