Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Decorating the Christmas Tree

Today was a long day. You have no idea how thankful I am that both kids are asleep right now. At about 5:15 p.m. I had to call Sarah, crying of course, and asked her to remind me that Isaac was not intentionally torturing me. She promised that it wasn't intentional and that it would get better--what a good friend!

After I made dinner, beef stew by the way, I decided we would eat out until at least Isaac's first birthday. No, not really, I'm too much of a label reader/health nut (minus most vegetables, but I'm getting better!) to do that, but man it's hard to make dinner with two kids. Oh, and just so you know...FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS when you make beef stew. According to the recipe one is not supposed to add the carrots and potatoes until after simmering the meat for two hours. Because Isaac was in the Beco fussing/screaming and I kept tripping over Isabella as she asked me to hold her, I just threw everything in at once and do you want to know what happened...the carrots and potatoes disintegrated. Pretty cool, right? Thankfully it still tasted good.

So, long story short because I want to take a bath and sleep for five minutes before Isaac wakes up again, we got a Christmas tree over the weekend. Usually Walter and I don't get a tree until a few days before Christmas--they're cheaper that way, one year we only paid eight dollars for a tree!--but Isabella kept telling me, "mommy, our house is missin' some-hing, we're missin' a Christmas tree!"

Our amazing gingerbread cookies...



 In typical Isabella style, she wore her princess dress to decorate the tree.

"Can't somebody just take me for a walk or something?" 

Stella discovered her Christmas present, tore open the bag and at a whole bag of treats all at once. 




And what princess dress doesn't go with striped orange socks and gold sparkly shoes?







We've found that dangling an ornament just out of reach keeps Isaac busy...until I walk away and then the mom radar is in full swing...




*************************************************************************

Ladies' Night Out...needs to happen more often...


****************************************************************************








Isabella is going through a don't take my picture phase. That doesn't work in our house...






**************************************************************************

Isaac will get his helmet on Friday and tomorrow I'm hoping to escape to the woods for some wintry photos. Until next time!
Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a new post!

    Yes, he will grow out of it. And he is not trying to torture you, I promise :) He just really really REALLY loves you. Like, a lot.

    Beautiful pictures :) Maya right now will actually smile (sometimes) for the camera, but not long ago she would say "stop flashing my eyes, Mommy!" (even when I didn't use the flash!).

    "And what princess dress doesn't go with striped orange socks and gold sparkly shoes?"
    Um, if such a dress exists, I want no part. All my princess dresses come with the prerequisite that they must go well with stripes AND sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there...just a few short periods of time and you'll all be drinking lemonade laughing about this.

    Just wait until you get to torture him by telling his future girlfriends stories his younger days. Oh no, now you're worried about him growing up too fast! Oops! I was never here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY DEAR SIERRA,

    HE LOVES YOU SO MUCH AND YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! NO ONE IS BETTER THAN YOU RIGHT NOW AND THAN SOMEDAY HE'LL BE DONE WITH YOU. THAN YOU WILL WONDER WHERE THAT BOY WENT WHO COULDN'T KEEP HIS EYES OFF OF YOU!

    NO ONE EVERY TELLS YOU HOW HARD IT IS TO BE THE MOM BUT ALSO HOW WONDERFUL IT IS TO BE THE MOM. IT IS A MIXED BAG AND KEEPS YOU ON YOUR TOES!

    HANG IN THERE AND IT WILL GET BETTER. I KNOW I AM A SURVIVOR!

    SOMEDAY YOU WILL LAUGH AND TELL STORIES AND THAN THEY WILL TELL YOU THEY HAVE HEARD THAT BEFORE!

    LOVE ALWAYS AND FOREVER,

    MOM

    ReplyDelete