Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy Baby = Happy Mommy

If mommy were sleeping she would be so happy she wouldn't know what to do with herself!

We've been doing pretty well the last few days. I think maybe Tuesday was a turning point for Isaac. Since then he's been much happier and of course that make me much happier and makes me enjoy him much more! Though I think it is only by God's grace that I am functioning. In the last seven months, that's right, Isaac is now seven months old, I think I've slept for two to four consecutive hours maybe a handful of times. To make up for his lack of sleep at night, Isaac redeems himself by taking naps. Of course I would prefer having him sleep at night because Isabella does not nap so I try to enforce quiet time for her while I close my eyes on the couch.

Since Isabella turned two, he hearing has gotten progressively worse. Here's the point we're at...
"Isabella. Isabella please (do whatever). Isabella, do you hear me? Isabella. ISABELLA do you hear me? ISABELLA! Isabella, are your ears working today?"
"Yes, my ears are working."
This is a prime example of selective hearing.

Tomorrow we have a follow-up appointment with the plastic surgeon. I'm not sure if we'll find out yet about whether or not Isaac will need to wear a helmet, but I will keep you posted. 

A couple days ago we went to the library and played with Maya while Sarah went to a meeting. The girls had a great time and played pretty well together. In the following picture, they are swimming, just in case you wouldn't have guessed that on your own...




I love to chew on anything and everything...drool...more drool! (oh, and his eye is fine, he's just biting down and scrunching it up)






When in doubt, it's best to eat naked...


And here are some of Isabella's comments from this week:

--Mommy!
--What Isabella?
--No, I was talking to my other mommy.
--Okay?
--Well, she's gone now. She's sick.
--Oh, that's too bad.
--Yeah, she fell in really yucky water and got sick and the geese came and ate her all up!

Um, should I be concerned???

**************************************************************************

--Mommy, I really want to be a fairy with wings so I can fly up to the clouds.
--That would be pretty cool.
--Yeah, well, do you think I will ever be a fairy with wings?
--I don't know, people don't usually fly.
--Well, what I was really wanting was to be a mermaid and be a fairy with wings. Do you think I'll ever be a mermaid?
--I don't know, probably not. (way to burst her bubble right?)
--WHY won't I ever be a mermaid or a fairy with wings.
--Well, maybe God doesn't want you to be a mermaid or a fairy. Maybe He just wants you to be an Isabella!
--WHAT!? GOD doesn't want me to be a mermaid!?
--Pretty crazy I know, you'll have to talk to Him about that one.

*****************************************************************************

"Mommy, my baby is pretty swollen, is your baby still swollen?"

*****************************************************************************

Me: "Isaac, why are you so fussy today?!"
Isabella: "Because he's a baby mommy!"

So wise.



2 comments:

  1. First of all, I can't believe this was posted over 7 hours ago and I didn't see it until now ~ craziness!

    Second, Isabella's comment about her "swollen baby" seriously made me laugh out loud! :)

    Thanks again for watching Maya during my meeting :D Huge help, and I love the pictures from the library! If you guys come over here, Maya and Isabella could swim in our pool in the basement (well, in the pile of foam letter tiles that Maya and Charlotte *pretend* is a pool, anyway! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post:) Best of luck with the selective hearing thing!lol
    Cute, cute pics! The second one was my favorite.:)))))))

    ReplyDelete