Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Some sort of strange miracle is happening right now where both of my children are sleeping. Yes, that means I should go take a nap too but instead I just loaded the dishwasher and washed the dishes and now here I am, working on my blog post.

Our weekend was wonderful. It felt long and relaxing and extra good because my grandma and grandpa came to visit. I kidnapped my grandma and took her to my house on Friday afternoon and then on Saturday afternoon too. On Friday we looked at fabric and she helped me figure out how I should make my little quilt for Isaac. Then on Saturday, we drank coffee, bounced Isaac, cut fabric and I started making the quilt. Then on Sunday, all I needed to do was a bit more sewing and cut out a few more strips and do you want to know what I did...I cut each strip and inch too short and didn't figure that out until I'd already sewn some of the smaller squares on...GENIUS! Then I felt like an idiot and gave up for the day.





It was great to see my grandma though. We took a walk through the woods in my back yard and just sat and talked. And when I told her I couldn't figure out how to make the quilt she told me I just need to learn how to think...very well said grandma. I told her I just didn't have my thinking cap on so that wasn't possible.


My brother plays in the high school band so Friday night we went to the game. For some odd reason, probably because I'm a cheesy and emotional person, I always tear up when he's out there playing.










Saturday morning was Isabella's first soccer game. Obviously not a game, but I don't know what else to call it. She was excited to put her little shin guards on and did really well until about half an hour into it when she came over to us and said, "I just don't want to play soccer anymore."

Some mid-practice encouragement from daddy.

Of course Isabella had her own personal cheer squad...












Soccer is exhausting...


**************************************************************************

We're going on the third day of Isabella insisting that she wear her princess dress. I tried to convince her to wear something else this morning, but it was a lame attempt and really, I don't care what she wears anymore. As long as she's dressed I figure clothing is not worth the battle.







Her other favorite thing to wear is her poofy pink skirt...






I think she should be in an ad for H&M



******************************************************************

When we're around Jesse, she and Isabella are best buddies...




*********************************************************************

And last but not least, some common Isaac faces...


This is the one where he is either really excited or trying to blow (his latest accomplishment).











***********************************************************************







1 comment:

  1. I think every picture in this post is beautiful! But, my very favorite is the one of Isaac watching the football game/band. He looks very into it!

    ReplyDelete