Friday, September 3, 2010

Kettle Corn, here we come!

Every year Walter and I go to an annual art show hosted by one of the surrounding communities. I like it because I like to look at art, mainly the photography, and Walter likes it because of the kettle corn. This year I dropped Isabella off at my parent's house and my sister and I (and Isaac) went on our own so that we could spend more time looking. Then, the following day all of us went together. Jesse and I enjoyed walking around and ended our art adventure with a mini photo shoot with Isaac.




Isn't he SO cute?




Despite the fact Jesse can't stand how much Isaac drools (it is pretty out of control), she still likes to hold him. After he's burped and spit up on me, of course.




This is my absolute favorite picture!




Check out the string of drool

FYI this is what happens when you make fun of his drool...



He takes it very personally. Don't worry Isaac, we know you can't help it!


Recover..."you'd better not make fun of me anymore!"



Then I handed over the camera to Jesse so she could take some pictures...





Note to self, always be prepared for spontaneous photo shoots and wear make-up at all times...lesson learned.





My dad has several photographs taken by Daniel Powers who is an amazing photographer, so every year we look forward to seeing what he has. This year he had several photos of bikes, and we all know how much my dad loves to bike so Jesse and I purchased one of the prints for his birthday present. We already gave it to him so I'm not spoiling anything. Then I bought this one for myself. I still need to find the perfect place to put it so that I can walk by it often and pretend I'm in Tuscany. Doesn't that sound wonderful!


Because we got hooked on the bike photography theme, Jesse insisted that I take a picture of these...




On Sunday we met up with mom and dad at the art show and Isabella decked herself out in a very artsy way...













After the art show, we headed over to parent's house where we waited anxiously to try the chocolate-raspberry tart that Josh made. This tart was quite the process (about a week long process to be exact) and I don't know exactly what inspired him to make it but he did walk to the grocery store and buy all of the ingredients himself. I'm pretty sure it cost about $30.00 to make. Boy was it delicious! That's going to be one lucky girl who ends up with Josh. As long as he can tear himself away from video games or the computer, he makes some pretty darn good desserts.


That's homemade raspberry sauce right there people.




Way to go Josh and congrats on being an upperclassman this year!




And a few more random pictures to close with. These were my favorite pajamas that Isabella used to wear...






Some conversations:

Walter and I were getting into bed a few days after his trip to Florida...
--So, I forgot to ask you if you slept well while at the hotel.
--Well, not as well as I expected to. The sheets smelled like bleach.
--Hmmm. That's just because you've become used to breast milk and spit up smelling sheets.

Walter and Isabella...
--girls are made of sugar and spice and everything nice!
--no daddy! girls are made of love! and boys are made of love too.

While making lunch one day, Isabella was giving me some attitude so I gave her the "mom face", you know the one, something similar to what Clair Huxtable was famous for on The Cosby Show...
--What? I'm not talkin' back!
--oh really, and if you were talking back what would happen?
--I would have a time out.

********************************************************************

These days Isaac gets a kick out of Stella who aside from making him laugh cleans his feet and ears better than any washcloth. I'm pretty sure that today he officially discovered that he can suck and/or chew on his thumb--hooray! He still likes to scream and fuss...A LOT and pretty much Isabella and I spend much of the day trying to convince him that he is okay. And when that doesn't work, we just leave the house (with Isaac of course) because I'm convinced that he just doesn't like our house. And when that doesn't work, well, I don't know, I usually just cry and pray that these months will go quickly and in a matter of no time he'll be two years old. Oh boy I can't wait until then! Usually the secret to getting Isaac to stop screaming is to bounce, rock, or sway vigorously and when that doesn't work, you combine all of those into one crazy looking dance where you look like a complete weirdo. Thankfully though, I have a lot of support from family and friends who are always willing to offer swaying arms and bouncing legs. And now Jesse doesn't have a job, which only benefits me, sorry Jess! Oh, which reminds me, we're going on a road trip! I'm soooo excited because I've never been on what I would call a road trip.

Sierra's definition of a road trip: when one decides to spontaneously take a one to four day trip with a friend and two other very small human beings.

Yes, Isaac and Isabella are coming along. Isaac goes where ever my breasts go, so that's pretty self explanatory. And Isabella, well, basically I just don't want to be away from her. So, we're headed to Washington D.C. later this month. Walter and Stella will hold down the fort.

1 comment:

  1. Your road trip will be so much fun ~ I'm totally jealous! :)

    And, Isaac in those jammies? Um, because I didn't already want another baby RIGHT NOW! :) He is too cute.

    ReplyDelete