Thursday, September 2, 2010

Soccer Princess

Next Saturday Isabella will have her first soccer game. I'm not sure I'm supposed to call it a game per se, but it will be a bunch of three year olds running around chasing one ball, which sounds like a setup for disaster but will probably also be quite comical. Yesterday we went to the Stride Rite outlet to buy tennis shoes, aka soccer shoes--she is very specific about what they should be called. I know it sounds weird but she looks so grown up in her soccer shoes! I couldn't believe it. Thankfully shoe shopping went really well and she was very excited to get her first pair of tennis shoes...no, soccer shoes. And of course she couldn't wait to show them to daddy and start practicing soccer with him...


So, I don't know a whole lot about soccer but I'm pretty sure this is not allowed...



or this...



This is more like it...




With a few celebratory flips in between...



And for some reason, she looks so grown up in this picture...




This morning she woke up and was quite disappointed that Walter had to go to work but I told her she and I could play soccer. Which meant playing soccer right that minute. Which meant we were playing soccer at 7:30 a.m. Which meant the grass and the ball were both wet. Which meant that whole thing lasted about three minutes because my little soccer princess absolutely cannot play soccer when the ball or the grass is wet. And all of this meant that I may have wasted $78 unless she is changed next week when she sees other children are willing to let the ball and grass touch them if it is indeed still wet at 10:00 a.m. Otherwise, my little soccer princess will stand in the middle of the field picking every piece of sticky wet grass off of her shoes and leg just as she did this morning after I kicked the ball to her. I'll let you know how it goes and of course I'll take plenty of pictures to share!

More to come tomorrow including pictures from the art show we went to over the weekend and plans for a ROAD TRIP (I'm really excited) that I'm taking with my sister! Don't worry, Isabella and Isaac are coming too...life would be boring without them...well, Jesse might have a different opinion! Ha ha!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful new shoes :) I cannot WAIT to see pictures of her first "game". It will be totally adorable and hilarious I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That WILL be a lucky girl I marry. And that was an awesome picture of my tart! But a terrible picture of me. And I also loved the use of anaphora in the second to last paragraph (I'm practicing for my terms test on Tuesday).

    ReplyDelete