Friday, September 6, 2013

Preschool

Isaac's first day of preschool deserves a big long post, but I don't have it in me right now and I know family is eager to see pictures and hear something about his first day, so this is a quick drop-in of mostly pictures. This day was a culmination of all of our hard work and it was a day to enjoy the ways God has worked in Isaac's life in making this huge milestone possible. Isaac is attending the same preschool program that Isabella went to when she was four years old. We fell in love with their play-based preschool program and the care and compassion of the teachers, but because of Isaac's special needs, I thought I would only dream of him being able to participate in the same program. It really is a gift and an answer to prayer to have him walk into the very same classroom where Isabella made many fun preschool memories, and have Isaac welcomed with open arms. 


Isaac loves rockets so we were both excited when we found this book bag. I couldn't believe he wanted to wear it since he is very particular about what is touching him. He needed to hold on to his toothbrush, just in case something got stuck in his teeth--which would never happen.


Isabella: Isaac, are you excited to go to school today?
Isaac: Me?!
Isabella: Yeah, you're going to school!
Isaac: Oh! 
Isabella: I'm gonna cry. It's just so exciting that he's going to school.







"Sleep well, dear."
"You too. I just hope I can sleep."
"Are you nervous about dropping off our Little Man."
"Yeah, he's just so little and he doesn't have many words."
"Mmhmm, but he has a lot to say."






At the end of the two and a half hours, he ran out of the room happy and smiling. I couldn't have asked for a better first school experience for both of us. 

5 comments:

  1. Yay Isaac!!! He looks so happy in all of his pictures. You've done amazing work with him, Sierra :) God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sierra,

    I am so overwhelmed with joy for you, Butch, Isabella and especially Isaac I am in tears.

    This experience is such a wonderful gift.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting day! Though I don't know Isaac all that well yet, just knowing the parts of his story you've shared on this blog, this particular post just so touches my heart. What an amazing little boy! How much he's overcome! What a fullness of life he exudes! I am so grateful for what you've shared here... it reminds me that miracles do happen and that there is so much joy to be had in a day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY so happy it was a great experience for you and Isaac =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you. You are a great mom. I love how Isabella said that she is going to cry. What an awesome big sister. Hurray for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete