Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Red Fox by Isabella

I had an epiphany this morning--Use my sister to my advantage. In a nice way, of course. Sometimes it can be very hard to motivate Isabella to do her school work. We are currently bribing her with ice-cream (if she gets five stickers in a row for cooperative behavior, she gets ice-cream)--it works, don't judge, or you'll find yourself doing the same thing one day.

Before my sister moved to Texas, she told Isabella to call her and read her a story. Isabella was excited about this idea, which was great because she never wants to read aloud, and let's just admit, practice makes perfect. This business of Isabella being excited to read aloud over the phone, is perfect. What is even more perfect, is the fact that this morning she told me she wanted to write a story to send in the mail to Jesse. Yes, the wheels are turning...addition facts over the phone; telling time; reading; vocabulary words...the list goes on and on.

As written by Isabella (she did ask how to spell 'illustrated', so I gave her that one):

The red fox
Illustrated by Isabella
mad by Isabella

wus upon utim
Threr was a red
fox The red fox
wunid too play but
Threr wus no buty
Too play with so
The red fox wet
on a woc Then
The red fox wet
Too tak a nap
Then hee woc
up eThen The
red fox fowd
his famully
The Eed


6 comments:

  1. That is awesome. Great job Isabella!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Awesome job, Isabella.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT STORY ISABELLA!!!

    Definately use Jesse for reading out loud! Remember you and Jesse had to read out loud for school at night and get your reading journals signed by a parent. You had to have your signed journal open each morning on the desk. Math facts over the phone and Face Time is great! How exciting!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh.My.Goodness. ISABELLA! Your story is amazing! I loooove it and I can't wait to show it to Maya in the morning :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maya says:
    I like your story and I love you and I miss you. My favorite part was when the fox found his family. I love you so much, I hope you miss me.

    ReplyDelete