Friday, April 8, 2011

finally, some success!

It feels like it's been such a long week and all day today I've been wishing that Isabella was born with volume controls (including a mute button). I kept reminding myself that it is Friday and I am so excited that Walter will be home this weekend! He's been working a lot of weekends, which is totally a bummer, but this weekend it's supposed to warm up (I might even have to shave my legs. Don't worry, it hasn't been since last summer that I shaved my legs, that would be a little extreme, but let's just say, it hasn't been a priority) and tomorrow we're going on our monthly double date with Sarah and Michael. This week I found out that a friend is moving and I'm taking it really hard--like, really hard. No, don't worry, it's not Sarah! If Sarah were moving you wouldn't hear from me again because I would move with her. We're a package deal.

We've made major progress this week: Isaac is finally drinking milk out his squeeze bear! What is a squeeze bear you ask? Imagine a honey bear (the plastic one you buy honey in) and add to it a food grade straw = squeeze bear (because you squeeze the milk into your child's mouth). I told Isaac's "team" at the Feeding Clinic that I would rescind all negative statements, including the one in which I stated to my whole book club that I "hate this dumb squeeze bear." As usual, Monday night I was dreading our daily attempt to use the bear. Trust me, until this week it presented ten minutes of complete torture for both me and Isaac. And then, BAM! (like Emeril) he drank the milk without screaming! Yes, I was cheering, I was jumping up and down and clapping, and I was SO proud of Isaac (I was proud of myself too because I almost gave up that bear several times)! And thankfully, he's kept up the good work all week and gained a whopping six ounces! So finally, at year, he's doubled his birth weight! He has two more pounds to gain before he is within his own proportion of weight and height. His goal each week is to gain 10-13gms/day and this week he gained 24 grams per day! So basically, he's a giant and I need to start lifting weights because he's getting so heavy. Just kidding. Speaking of weight lifting, do you want to know what my birthday present to Isaac is? Signing him up for the gym nursery! I've been waiting a year for this because for some reason they don't take kids until they're twelve months. So yes, on his birthday, we will be at the gym and I will be working on my six pack.


Isaac can't stand being put on his tummy, but this was actually the first time he didn't immediately protest and actually lifted up his head (and what picture of Isaac doesn't have a string of drool attached...he was also very into hanging his tongue out of his mouth all day)...









This egg just might hold the key to the universe. It's also a very special egg because it kept Isaac entertained all day Sunday....


Isaac loves balloons. His liking of balloons is kind of out of control. He gets so worked up we have to take it away because he starts panting and can't catch his breath...such a unique child!


"Girlfriend, this is MY balloon so you better back off!"


Watching The Dinosaur Train. Isaac's personal favorite is Word World--he thinks the dog is hilarious.


Stella's been making me pretty jealous lately. Every single time I walk into my room this is what I see and I wish it was me...





This is what they were up to while I was taking a shower....



(This pad thing is supposed to be some sort miracle worker for getting Isaac to sleep. A lady Walter works with sent it home with him the other day and Isabella has claimed it as her own)


Most common face made by Isaac....


Yay! Da is home....


"Whoa, this wand thing is pretty cool...."




Bummer, she saw me...fun's over....


Here's a rough sketch of my garden plan (Linda, you are the expert, let me know if I should make any changes!)....


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Wow your garden is going to be amazing!

    Love the pictures of Isaac and Isabella reading together <3

    And I'm totally jealous of Stella, too :)

    ReplyDelete