Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Elizabethan Gardens

We spent last week at the Outer Banks in North Carolina and had a wonderful time with my family and soaked up getting to see my sister before she returned to Texas. You may be wondering how Isaac liked the beach. The short answer is that he didn't. The long answer, is that we managed to have two good days on the beach with him (with minimal screaming) and one day where he only lasted an hour before I had to remove him from the beach before the dolphins decided to move to a different ocean. He was the only person on the beach wearing socks and shoes, but that was the way he agreeably (for the most part) walked on the sand, and the first day I learned my lesson to never ever say, "Isaac, let's put on your super cool shark bathing suit and swim diaper so you can go in the water!" No. Very bad idea to mention water. From then on he screamed the entire time it took to get ready for the beach yelling, "No me water, no me water!" 

As usual, Isaac and I spent a lot of time together, but we managed to make some fun out of it. My treat for soothing Isaac's antics, was going to The Elizabethan Gardens. The skies opened up and poured rain for several hours that morning but between the drive there, a visit to a little book shop, coffee shop and lunch, it finally cleared up and left the gardens looking beautiful.  
























I have tons more to share about our vacation but I've been helping Isabella start her own blog today in addition to trying to restore order to our school room, so this is all for now. Isabella desperately wanted a camera for her birthday and right after she opened it she announced that she needed to start her own blog. She has already written two posts (today) and you can check them out at: Isabella's Adventures in Life .

2 comments:

  1. I love the snail picture! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My you truly captured the Elizabethan Garden! Dad was captivated by the Hydrangea's at the gardens that he planted several in his garden after our first visit. They are so beautiful and your photos take me back to that day! We were so fortunate the skies cleared and allowed all of us to enjoy the gardens! A magical place to visit!

    ReplyDelete