Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Mirror, mirror, on the wall...

"Mommy, do I look the way I look in the mirror?"
"Yes, you do. So I hope you're okay with that."

We are about four days into our Kindergarten schedule. Everything is going well, but I do think, like with anything else, there will be a period of adjustment. Isabella tends to over-dramatize just about everything, and that includes doing worksheets. What she could complete in a matter of minutes, ends up taking her thirty or forty minutes once she gets past all of the whining and complaining. She told me the other day that she "just doesn't like home school Kindergarten, because it's too much work for me." She used to tell me that preschool was too much work for her, so I try to not to worry too much about this sentiment. She's also way too concerned about making mistakes. I think I've learned that it is not the mistake that concerns her, I think it's effort involved in re-doing it that bothers her. So, we have some laziness to contend with.

Otherwise, it's going well, and we're settling into our routine. I think this year will definitely result in more "scheduled" weeks than we've ever had. Which I think will be good for all of us since I don't really like to be a scheduled person, but I think my kids need the structure.

Craft time. Last week we learned about the letter 'm'. This is our "M for Mountain" project. Disclaimer: I didn't make it up, I asked Google for letter crafts and he delivered (assuming Google is a male--that was sexist of me).



 Practicing paying for items with pennies...



Break time.



Time to chase a balloon...


2 comments:

  1. Isabella's swingset picture is amazing!!! Love the M for Mountain craft :) Nothin wrong with asking The Google for some help ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the photos of Isabella and Isaac especially figuring out how many pennies it is going to take to buy his item!

    Love to the break time photos laying in bed using their electronics!

    I have a whole container of play money you can have!

    Take care, Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete